- Jing (techsmith.com/jing/) Free software you can use to make a narrated video
- Pocketbook (getpocketbook.com) Pocketbook automatically organizes your spending into categories like clothes, groceries and fuel – showing you where money is being spent.
- Shoeboxed (shoeboxed.com) Create a searchable archive of your receipts, bills, business cards and other documents, generate expense reports.
- Google Apps (google.com/apps) Web-based email, calendar, and documents for teams
- Last Pass (lastpass.com) Password management
- Nozbe (nozbe.com) Web-based time- and project-management application for busy people and teams
- Evernote (evernote.com) Super app that lets you easily collect and find everything that matters
- Remember The Milk (rememberthemilk.com) Manage your tasks
- Wunderlist (wunderlist.com) Wunderlist makes it easy to share your lists and collaborate with everyone in your life. Wunderlist instantly syncs between your phone, tablet and computer, so you can access your lists from anywhere.
- Google Keep (keep.google.com) Got your action items on pieces of paper? Give Google Keep a try.
- Upwork (formerly oDesk) (upwork.com) Remote staffing for long-term work
- Elance (elance.com) Instant access to great talent
- Guru.com (guru.com) Hire Top Quality Freelancers with Confidence
- Fiverr (fiverr.com) Will do just about anything for $5!
- Domize (domize.com) A domain name search engine
- 37signals (37signals.com) Frustration-free web-based apps for collaboration, sharing information, and making decisions.
- 99 Designs (99designs.com) Logo design, web design & more!
- TeamBox (teambox.com) Online collaboration tools for teams
- Mikogo (mikogo.com) Easy-to-use cross-platform desktop sharing tool for web conferencing and online meetings
- Skype (skype.com) Free phone calls and video chats
- RingCentral (ringcentral.com) cloud-based phone system for your business (fee)
- Max Email (maxemail.com) Email to fax and fax to email (fee)
- Google Voice (google.com/voice) One number for all your phones, online voicemail and message transcription
- Camtasia (techsmith.com/camtasia) Easy to use tools for creating professional screen videos without formal training
- Snagit (techsmith.com/snagit) Screen capture and editing
- Tips.net (www.tips.net) A great resource for quick, helpful tips on Word, Excel and many other categories
- Lynda.com (lynda.com) Unlimited online software training videos for only $25/month
Running the Business
- Mint (Mint.com) Brings all your financial accounts together online or on your mobile device
- Getting Things Done by David Allen (davidco.com) Work-life management system
- Zoho Project (Zoho Project) Online Project Management & Planning Software
- Basecamp (basecamphq.com) For serious project management (fee)
- Backpack (backpackit.com) Share information with your team (fee)
- Mozy (mozy.com) Online backup (fee)
- Freshbooks (freshbooks.com) Online billing, accounting and invoicing software (fee)
- Harvest (getharvest.com) Easily Track Time, Send Invoices and Run Your Business (fee)
- Alibaba (alibaba.com) Find new products from around the world
- DokuWiki (www.dokuwiki.org) DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use Wiki, mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies.
- Asana (asana.com) . You can manage all your action items, people and projects and sync them on all devices
- Infousa (Infousa.com) Sales Leads & Mailing Lists (fee)
- Goleads (Goleads.com) Sales Leads & Mailing Lists (fee)
- Mobile Search (google.com/mobile) Google search on your mobile device
- Mail Chimp (mailchimp.com) Design email newsletters, share them on social networks and track your results.
- Zoho suite (zoho.com) Comprehensive suite of web-based software for small businesses – most are free
- Clix Galore (clixgalore.com) Affiliate marketing site
- KnowEm (knowem.com) Allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name or username instantly on over 550 popular and emerging social media websites .
- Zendesk (Zendesk.com) Help Desk
- SpyFu (spyfu.com) Spy on your competitors
- Wider Funnel Marketing (widerfunnel.com) Get more customers
- iPerceptions (formerly 4 Questions Survey) (iPerception.com) Improve your customer satisfaction. iPerceptions asks your website visitors the “most important survey questions”.
- Klout (klout.com) The Klout Score measures influence based on your ability to drive action.
- Waze (Waze.com) Almost everyone has favorite GPS app but Waze is a great option to keep around. On top of directions, you can get road alerts about accidents, find the cheapest gas on your route, and even send ETAs to your friends based on how long Waze thinks it’ll take you to get there. Waze is based on live feedback from other drivers in the community so most alerts and information are in real time.